Modem achieves a 3X data rate increase on TD-SCDMA networks
BARCELONA, Feb. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ –MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS — (NASDAQ: MRVL) today announced the PXA1202, the world’s first TD-HSPA+ modem (Time-division Evolved High-Speed Packet Access), targeted at China’s burgeoning TD market. The Marvell® PXA1202 platform solution incorporates Marvell’s advanced low-power technology with its mature and proven 3.5G technology, providing an advanced low-cost modem solution for a multitude of mobile device platforms. The modem also enhances Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA) downlink data transfer rates to 8.4 Mbps, a dramatic increase over current rates of 2.8 Mbps.
“I am very proud of our longstanding collaboration with China Mobile, the world’s largest cellular operator, and our contribution in enabling mainstream adoption of high quality, high performance smartphones in China. With the PXA1202, Marvell has yet again raised the technology bar by increasing the performance of China’s 3G TD-SCDMA standard by three times,” said Weili Dai, Co-founder of Marvell. “In addition, the PXA1202 enables adoption of cellular technologies to a wide range of exciting mobile devices, from smartphones and tablets to new emerging applications, such as data cards, mobile hotspots, automotive and machine-to-machine (M2M). I’m excited to see how our partners and customers will leverage this advanced technology to create new, always-on, always-connected devices.”
Marvell PXA1202 modem uses an advanced 40 nanometer (nm) process to deliver DLDC and TD- HSPA+ technology that supports 64 Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM), TS0 enhancement technologies, along with receiver diversity. With extremely high power efficiency and dramatically increased data transfer rates, the PXA1202 is designed to enable the seamless performance of the bandwidth-hungry mobile applications and multimedia devices that consumers crave.
The PXA1202 is also backwards compatible with previous generations of TD-SCDMA modem technologies. New DLDC technology can be easily deployed by upgrading the Radio Network Control (RNC) software and Node B over the existing TD-SCDMA base stations.
Engineering samples of the PXA1202 are available immediately.
Marvell will be demonstrating its mobile connectivity solutions at Mobile World Congress 2012 in booth AV55, in the Hall Avenue. Mobile World Congress is being held Feb. 27 – March 1, 2012 at Fira Montjuic in Barcelona (Av. Reina Maria Cristina, s/n, 08004).
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a world leader in the development of storage, communications and consumer silicon solutions. Marvell’s diverse product portfolio includes switching, transceiver, communications controller, wireless and storage solutions that power the entire communications infrastructure, including enterprise, metro, home and storage networking. As used in this release, the term “Marvell” refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, visit Marvell.com.
Marvell and the M logo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For Further Information Contact:
- IoT Evolution Developers Conference Provides Hands-On IoT Design and Development Training - March 29, 2015
- M2M Event Features Competitions, Awards and Learning Opportunities - January 14, 2015
- AT&T, Cisco, Sprint, GE, Google Access Share Insight at M2M Evolution Conference & Expo - July 22, 2014
- 2014 M2M Evolution Asset Tracking Award Winners Announced - July 10, 2014
- IQMS’ Automation Group Wins Product Engineering Team of the Year - June 27, 2014
- NetCracker Receives 2014 Cable Spotlight Product of the Year Award - June 16, 2014
- GateTel Adds m2mAIR Mobile Network and Value-Added Services to its Portfolio of Telit-Based M2M Solutions - June 16, 2014
- The 4th Annual Telematics China Summit 2014 - June 13, 2014
- Chicken Coops and M2M what is all about? - May 10, 2014
- Maestro Wireless Solutions today announces at CeBIT Australia its newest cellular router, the E200 Series - May 5, 2014